Do you enjoy helping others succeed in their career advancement? – Write for Us
Have your finger on the pulse of the employment industry? We’re looking to hear about your proven success strategy, your hot-take on actionable tips that will help candidates find the RIGHT job for them. LocalJobs is looking for career experts who are interested in contributing and solidifying their reputation as HR professionals, recruiters, or coaches. We REALLY love inspirational personal stories about career changes and comebacks. In return for your quality submission, we’ll amplify your voice to our 10,000+ job seeker-only email list, or 1,000+ HR professionals and more than 300,000 annual page views.
What You Bring to the Table…
- Advice from experts in fields related to career and job search topics
- Articles that offer a fresh, interesting take on career advancement, management, or the job search (think “5 Ways to Stand Out with Your LinkedIn Profile,” not “Why You Should Have a Linkedin Profile”)
- True stories about unique, original ideas that landed you the job or the promotion
- Actionable, tips-based pieces, expert-backed trends pieces, and personal stories that are positioned as advice to our readers
- Solid writing that matches our style (think professional, smart, fun, fresh, and conversational)
Stuff we don’t want …
- Basic stuff, à la “How to Dress for an Interview.” If you can find it on every other career site out there, it’s probably not for us.
- Articles targeted to college students, entrepreneurs, or business owners
- Lifestyle content (food, fashion, makeup)
- Anything overly (or even subtlely) promotional of a specific company or brand
- Anything with unnatural inline links (sorry, we don’t accept guest posts from writers who work to place links for a brand or company.)
- Content that has been published elsewhere
- Anything that sounds too formal
How You Benefit
Be seen by our growting candidate audience (over 10K/month and growting rapidly) on our websites, through weekly newsletters through our social media distribution and if it’s unique …..we’ll even submit it to PRNEWSWIRE distribution for MUCH greater exposure.
Build your Brand with Us
Each contributing author gets a bio with links to their full library of work and social follow buttons—making it easy for readers to find more of what you do.
We want to have a conversation together and see if we’re a good fit together.
What we want to talk about together:
- A bit about you: Tell us about yourself, the experiences you have to share, and why you’re the right person to write articles for us.
- Your idea: Pitch us on your article ideas. Share a few titles, write out a sample introduction, and then briefly outline how you would approach the rest of the piece, including any experts or sources you would include. Please don’t send a full draft.
- Links: Send us 2-3 samples of your previous writing. (If you’ve never written before, consider the pitch above your writing sample.)
- Your LinkedIn Profile: The internet’s a great place to create (even false identities…we see them all the time) and we want to make sure you are who you say you are. The best way for us to do that is to take a look at your profile.
Please send this information to us at EDITOR@LOCALJOBS.COM. Once you’ve done this, please click the button below to schedule a conversation together. We look forward to talking shortly…..might be a GREAT fit together!